On 20.10.2014 at the AndrzejFryczModrzewskiKrakowUniversity the conference “The democratic, lawful and social state – society, politics, management” was organized on the occasion of 45 years of scientific and didactic activity of professor Zbigniew A. Maciąg, one of the founders of the University, the former scholar of the AvH Foundation and the active member of SHP. Professor Bogusław Banaszak turned very nice words in his “laudation” to professor Maciąg celebrating his jubilee. Many prominent lawyers and constitutionalists participated in the conference. During the conference the multi-volume edition of the collection of scientific studies concerning the constitution, history of law, systemic, social, economic and politics entitled “The democratic, lowful and social state” were presented to professor Maciąg.
Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation:
- Modern and science-friendly copyright law is indispensable for Germany (Press release)
- UN International Day: Science needs women! (News from the Foundation)
- Can Aloe Vera Help to Cultivate Bone Cells, Ms Goonoo? (Humboldt Kosmos)
- Philipp Schwartz Initiative: Extension of funding programme for researchers under threat (Press release)
- Science is International (Press release)
- Brothers in Spirit (Humboldt Kosmos)
- Science - a bridge to intercultural understanding (News from the Foundation)
- Good Friends Despite Brexit (Humboldt Kosmos)
- How Do You Make Nano Robots out of DNA and Gold, Ms Liu? (Humboldt Kosmos)
- Book of Condolence for Heinrich Pfeiffer (News from the Foundation)
- Humboldt Foundation mourns passing of Heinrich Pfeiffer (News from the Foundation)
- Safe Haven: University (Humboldt Kosmos)
- Keeping Prospects Alive (Humboldt Kosmos)
- On Dangerous Paths (Humboldt Kosmos)
- Cooperation with the Science Media Center: Humboldt Foundation promotes independent, quality-based (...) (News from the Foundation)
Dear Friends, Colleagues and Readers
We are very pleased to welcome you to our new website! Please review the information included and use the interactive tools. All the information on the website is available in three languages; you will learn about our Association: history, scientific work, achievements, structure and other forms of our activities. Once you have logged in, you can access our Association's documentation. We hope that the website will meet your expectations and help us to execute the statutory objectives of our Association.
With best regards,
Board of Governors
Frankfurt an der Oder, 7th September 2014.
The website was conceptualised and designed with guidance of Arkadiusz Wudarski.
The Secretary General of the Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum wishes to pass on his sincerest thanks and appreciation to Mr. Dariusz Żywalewski for building the website, and to all the personnel of the Chair of Polish and European Private Law and Comparative Law at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt an der Oder involved for their support and assistance in the website's creation.
New members of the Board of Governors were appointed by the General Meeting and Elections held at the Kraków-Katowice Branch of SHP on 23 June 2014. Henryk Figiel was appointed as the Chair, and the following colleagues as other members of the Board: Andrzej Grabowski, Edeltrauda Helios-Rybicka, Marian Jaskuła and Roman Pfitzner. The Branch's General Meeting abstained from appointment of the Audit Committee for the upcoming term of office.
On behalf of the Board of Governors of the Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum we take great pleasure in informing you that our colleague, Mrs. Katarzyna Marciniak, was elected as the Ambassador of the Alexander von Humboldt for the term from 1 August 2014 until 31 July 2017.
Mariola Wierzbicka, PhD, the Head of the German Philology Institute and of the Manager of the Contrastive and Applied Linguistics Department of the University of Rzeszów, was awarded the professorial degree in humanistic sciences on 5 June 2014.
The Alexander von Humboldt Fellow - professor Irena Lipowicz - currently holding the post of the Ombudsman General in Poland, was granted the Viadrina Distinguished Award for the outstanding contributions for the benefit of the Polish-German understanding and cooperation by the Viadrina European University in Frankfurt (Oder) on 12 May 2014.
A. SHP patronage
1. At a request of the event administrators, Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum can take on patronage of a scientific conference in any field of science.
2. Political, religious, promotional, business, commercial, cultural or sport events cannot be included in patronage refund programme.
3. Decisions of patronage refunds with respect to events are made by the SHP Executive Comittee.
Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum took one patronage of the international scientific conference entitled: "Land Register in the Twenty-First Century Europe" held at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt an der Oder on 16th June, 2014.